Getting Around

Why am I doing this?
To help unlock the potential of Revit Structure in less time, because time is money. Plain and Simple

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Same As It Ever Was

It's amazing how people can see the same thing completely different.  This weekend I spent some time with other structural engineers.  In discussing business, they asked if I "liked" Revit.  I replied, "Yea, I love it".  He told me that I was the SE he knew that liked it. We extended the conversation with another telling me that they make their Revit experience as CAD like as possible. It really surprised me and made me evaluate my workflow.

After thinking it over for a couple of days, I came to the conclusion that since making the switch to Revit, I don't necessarily complete my job faster, I complete my job better.  Im not putting lines on paper, Im virtually building my structure.  I think as more architects and engineers embrace Revit, the more speed and accuracy we will gain.

I think Steve Safford's post Yeah But hits the nail on the head.  Referring to architects and engineeers resisting the transition from CAD to Revit or BIM in general.  He said:

Just keep in mind that you are not moving forward now. You may be getting work, busy, doing what you have always done. That might be okay for now. How long does "now" last though? How many other professions are still doing things the same way they were ten years ago? Are we immune? 



"Same as it Ever Was"

No comments:

Post a Comment