Getting Around

Why am I doing this?
To help unlock the potential of Revit Structure in less time, because time is money. Plain and Simple

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Design Review Mobile for Android

Short and Sweet: it's cool, but useless on a phone.  I have a HTC EVO which has a big screen (4.3") and it's still just too small of a screen to navigate a 3D model effectively, plans are better.  I will take it on my jobsite visit, and see how useful it really is.

On an IPAD, (Random thought, I guess the IPAD is to tablets what Coke is to soft drinks now) that's probably a much better use.  Also, the fact you have to run the files thru Autodesks "cloud" pffffttt....just what I need. Another file location to deal with.

No doubt the cool factor is there.  I think it's also a glimpse of the future of computing with tablet computers, touchscreens, voice input and motion input, such as kinect. The cloud aspect and tablet computers are going to be integral to our workflow in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment