Getting Around

Why am I doing this?
To help unlock the potential of Revit Structure in less time, because time is money. Plain and Simple

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Footing Host

Im quite irratated at the moment.  In my project, I have put in my foundation walls, my columns, my floor slabs and my wall foundations.  I am needing to add a "pier" to my column to get the spread footing to the right elevation.  Well, Revit, you are supposed to let me add the concrete column as a pier.  First off, I hate the way columns are put in at the moment.  Why can I not adjust the insertion elevations in the properties box when I put in a column.  The whole depth, height, level thing is TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE.  Well, after dealing with this issue and putting in the pier (Much more difficult than it should be)  Now I cant get the columns to attach together and the footing to automatically move to the bottom of the pier.  So I have to see what the slab elevation is and offset my footing from this elevation.  THIS IS AWFUL. This one's for you Autodesk.


Update:  Well, I don't really take any of it back, but you can use ALIGN to move the spread footings to the same elevations as the wall ftg which helps

No comments:

Post a Comment