Getting Around

Why am I doing this?
To help unlock the potential of Revit Structure in less time, because time is money. Plain and Simple

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

R O T A T E!

What happens when you are 2/3 of the way thru your project and Project North suddenly becomes Project West?  Not as simple as you think and it not as simple as it probably should be, but I digress.

Two ways I know of.

Under MANAGE > PROJECT LOCATION > POSITION > ROTATE PROJECT NORTH
    Should be the easy way to do it, but I couldn't get it to work.  It left me with errors I couldn't fix.

The other way to do it is to Mirror the Project.
Under MANAGE>PROJECT LOCATION>POSITION>MIRROR PROJECT

This worked perfectly, I had very little text in my project at the time, so the effects were minimal, my model elements flipped perfectly.  Much better than I expected.

So there you go.......

UPDATE: Another way you might accomplish this would be to change the origin point angle.  Find the origin point (Circle with an X, you might have to mash? the light bulb to see it) but you can change the elevation and the rotation there

2 comments:

  1. what about project magnectic north?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard enough to find True North, much less magnetic North

      Delete